A message from the 2022 Mum Festival President
On behalf of the Mum Festival committee and the countless volunteers, it is an honor to welcome you to the 2022 Tipp City Mum Festival! The theme this year is, “Saved by the Mums, A tribute to the 90’s.” As for many of us, the Mum Festival holds a special place in our hearts. It gives both the citizens and our wonderful businesses of Tipp City an opportunity to highlight our special town. It also gives patrons a chance to experience one of the best Americano festivals in Ohio. And as we celebrate the festival, I request you to do as we would have done in the 1990’s, put down your phones and enjoy the wonderful sights, sounds, and smells this special festival and town has to offer.
- Mum Festival Motorcycle Charity Ride: This ride will take place on August 27th with rain dates of 9/10 or 9/17. All the proceeds from the ride and the wonderful raffle prizes benefit the Tipp City Needy Basket. A proceeds check will be presented on the Sunday afternoon of the Festival.
- Queens Pageant: After last year’s hiatus of the Queens Pageant. We are very excited to host the event again this year. These young contestants will compete for the coveted Mum Festival Honors that include scholarship prizes.
- 30th Annual Mum Festival Cruise-In: The cruise-in will officially start the Festival weekend at 4pm on Friday, September 23rd. This event will take place in our beautiful Downtown district spanning over a half mile from 1st street to Hyatt.
- 42nd Annual Run for the Mums: This event takes place Saturday (September 24th) at 8AM in the City Park. The proceeds of this event go to Tipp Monroe Community Services. The 5K race is flat, fast, and has plenty of great prizes and raffle items.
- Annual Mum Festival Parade: This wonderful event starts at 10AM on the corner of Hyatt and Parkwood Ave. It travels south on Hyatt, turns East on Main St. through our Downtown District, then turns north on 2nd St finishing at the entrance to the City Park / the Mum Festival.
- Mum Festival Festivities: Located at the intersection of 3rd Street and Parkwood Avenue. Patrons will enjoy over 250 vendors of arts & crafts, enchanting treats, and an assortment of merchants spread throughout the shaded park.
- Entertainment: A stage will be located at the very North end of the park showcasing the finest local talent. The headliner this year is a 90’s Tribute band, Zack Attack. They will take the stage Saturday evening at 6pm.
- Little Miss & Mister Mum: Will take place on Saturday at 3:45pm. It is a wonderful time witnessing the outfits and answers the contestants bring forth.
- 20th Annual Mum Kids Land: Located within the tennis courts, this area is graciously presented by Greenville Federal Bank. The area gives patrons’ both young and old a chance to have hand-on entertainment throughout the festival.
- Tipp Cup “Vintage Baseball Tournament”: Tipp City is fortunate to have an 1860’s style vintage baseball team. The Tippecanoe Canal Jumpers will host their annual Tipp Cup Sunday starting at 10am located in the open fields just north of park / the Aquatic Center parking lot.
The Mum Festival is not possible without the combined effort of our committees, volunteers, sponsors, and the City of Tipp City. Their dedication is what’s kept this festival thriving for over 60 years. Thank you again to those that’ve helped and to all the patrons this year. Please enjoy the festival!
2022 Tipp City Mum Festival President
When: Friday, September 23rd at 4 p.m.
Why you should go: This is one of the biggest car shows in the area and the largest festival car show in Ohio.
What will you see: Hundreds of classic cars, muscle cars, and sportsters from every era of the automobile. Prepare to be impressed, and come hungry as the downtown venue will feature food trucks, sidewalk vendors as well as sit down eating within Tipp City’s famed restaurants.
Run For the Mums 5K
When: Saturday, September 24th at 8 am – City Park
What to Expect: Run for the Mums is sponsored by Tipp Monroe Community Services in conjunction with the Tipp City Mum Festival. The race will be held rain or shine.
How to Signup: Use the link below to download, complete and return your application for this year’s Mum Run.
Signup For the Mum Run Signup For the Junior Mum Run
Food & Vendors
Every Mum Festival relies on the participation of our amazing Arts & Crafts dealers and fantastic Merchants! This year will be no exception. If you want to participate in the 2023 Mum Festival as an Arts & Crafts vendor or a Merchant, please use the handy links below to download, complete and return your application. Thank you!
When: Saturday, September 10th.
Prince and Princess Pageant
When: Saturday, September 10th.
Prince & Princess Pageant Application
Little Miss and Mr. Mum
When: Saturday, September 10th from 3:45 to 5:45 p.m.
Why you should go: It’s little kids being little kids, and that’s guaranteed to be both hilarious and awesome.
What will you see: Our future leaders vying for their respective crowns!
Apply to Crown Your Child Miss/Mister Mum
When: Saturday, September 23th at 10 am – downtown
What to Expect: Local and surrounding-area bands, floats, clowns, classic cars, and many other entertaining units.
How to Signup: Use the link below to download, complete and return your application for this year’s Mum Festival Parade.
Download Mum Parade Form
NEW! Online Mum Parade Application
When: Saturday, September 24th from 3:45 to 4:30 p.m.
Why you should go: Babies. They are babies, and they are going to race for your entertainment.
What will you see: Babies “racing” to a finish line.
Apply for the Diaper Derby
Boy Scouts Adopt-a-Mum (requests closed for 2022)
The Tipp City Mum Festival Committee and the Boy Scouts of America Troop 586 would like to offer you the opportunity to join in the celebration of the festival by adopting a mum. The Boy Scouts will be painting mums on the sidewalks and driveways of those wishing to adopt a mum.
Cost of a mum is $15*. The mums are approximately 3'x3' and can be painted in your choice of red, white, yellow, or a combination, with or without a stem.
*Note: online orders require a $1 fee for processing
Calendar of Events
|Mum Festival Motorcycle Charity Ride||Saturday, August 27th
rain date: Sat. 10th or 17th
|Queen's Pageant||Saturday, Sept 10th|
|Prince and Princess Pageant||Saturday, Sept 10th|
|Little Miss & Mister Mum||Saturday, Sept 10th||3:45pm|
|Mum Festival||Friday, Sept 23rd — Sunday, Sept 25th||Downtown Tipp City|
|30th Annual Mum Festival Cruise-In||Friday, Sept 23rd||4pm||Downtown from 1st Street to Hyatt|
|42nd Annual Run for the Mums||Saturday, Sept 24th||8am||City Park, 3rd St & Parkwood Ave|
|Annual Mum Festival Parade||Saturday, Sept 23th||10am||Hyatt & Parkwood Ave 🠛 Main St 🠚 2nd St 🠙 City Park|
|Zack Attack||Saturday, Sept 24th||6pm||City Park, north end|
|Mum Festival vendors||Saturday, Sept 24th||10am-dark|
|Sunday, Sept 25th||11am-6pm|
|Tipp Cup vintage baseball tournament||Sunday, Sept 25th||10am||fields just north of parking lot|
The Tipp City Mum Festival Committee invites you, your business, or your organization to participate in this year's fundraising efforts for the event that showcases our community. We have established certain levels of participation, but any amount you would like to provide will help us put on an event to remember. Our theme this year is "Saved By The Mums: A Celebration of the '90s."
For more information, contact Mary Thomas | Sponsorship form
2022 Mum Festival Board
|1st Vice President:||Jay Taylor|
|2nd Vice President:||Bill House|
|Past President:||Corey Rismiller|
2022 Mum Festival Committees
|Adopt-A-Mum (Boy Scout Troop 586):||Nick Lesher|
|Arts and Crafts:||Sheryl Bechtol|
|Park Concessions:||Kathy Taylor|
|Friday Night Cruise-In:||Noel Winblad|
|Friday Night Concessions:||Noel Winblad|
(Radio, Golf Carts, Porta-Johns)
|Jr. Run for the Mums:||Tipp Optimist Group|
|Little Mr. and Miss Mum Pageant:||Jennifer Tennant & Abbie Hartman|
|Merchant Mart:||Michelle Cook|
|Motorcycle Ride:||Jay Taylor & Corey Rismiller|
|Mum Festival Parade:||Kate Taylor|
|Mum Kids Land:||Amber Corkhill|
|Public Relations:||Carla Ungerecht|
|Queens Pageants:||Jennifer Tennant & Abbie Hartman|
|Run for the Mums:||Kathy Taylor|